Welcome to the city of Glendale's improvements page. This online destination will serve as your gateway to information about exciting improvement projects happening in Glendale, Arizona. Please visit the sections below to learn more about the various projects.
City of Glendale Waterline Improvements (Project 131424)
The City of Glendale waterline improvement project is a multi-phase/multi-year design and construction project. The project includes waterline replacement and related infrastructure at various locations throughout the City.
The locations are as follows:
Phase 1 includes Bethany Home Road, 59th Avenue to 67th Avenue, and related intersections. And it also includes the 59th Avenue and Olive Avenue intersection. See graphic here.
- Bethany Home Road, 59th Avenue to 67th Avenue, including the intersection at 59th Avenue and 67th Avenue
- 59th Avenue, Royal Palm Road to Olive Avenue, including the intersection at 59th Avenue and Olive Avenue
- 67th Avenue and Olive Avenue intersection
- Deer Valley Road, 59th Avenue to 67th Avenue
Construction is tentatively scheduled to begin at the 59th Avenue and Olive Avenue intersection mid to late July 2016, and take approximately 6-8 weeks to complete. Work in Bethany Home Road, 59th Avenue to 67th Avenue, will begin as work at the 59th Avenue/Olive Avenue intersection is nearing completion, or shortly thereafter. Residents and businesses near the construction area will be notified 2-weeks prior to construction beginning, and those impacted will receive a 48-hour notice prior to any planned disruption to water service.
For project questions or information, please contact our project hotline: 602.532.6250
- P1 Parking Lot at Westgate Center
During the next two weeks, the crews will:
• complete installation of electrical conduit and foundations for the new parking lot lights
• place concrete curb, sidewalks and driveway entrances
• complete placement of aggregate base course (ABC) material
• install the landscape irrigation system and water meter
• begin placing asphalt pavement for the new parking lot
• grade and cleanup along the west side of 91st Avenue in preparation for placing decomposed granite
Please note crews will work extended hours from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. on July 16, 17 and 23 to place asphalt pavement on the parking lot site.
- 2015 Pavement Management Program
CLICK HERE for information
- Glendale Centerline
CLICK HERE for information on the Glendale Centerline Project (Glendale Avenue)
- Northern Parkway
CLICK HERE for information on the Northern Parkway project.
The purpose of the project is to construct a regional transportation facility to improve regional connectivity from the West Valley to major roadways such as Loop 303, Loop 101, and US 60 (Grand Avenue); improve travel time, regional facility spacing, and west/east traffic flow; and serve population growth.
- Street Construction - Traffic Restrictions
CLICK HERE (PDF) to find out information on current road closures, traffic restrictions and street construction projects happening in the city of Glendale.