Water Budgeting/Non-Residential Rebate
The Water Budgeting Program is a free service provided to homeowner associations, multi-housing units and businesses. Landscaping is often a large expense. It can be a challenge to maintain an attractive landscape that adds value to your community while keeping costs within budget. The Glendale Water Conservation staff can provide information that will help you manage your landscape costs. The Water Conservation Office can provide the following:
- Assist with developing a month-by-month water budget specific to your landscape
- Conduct an on-site consultation with board member(s) and landscape contractor present
- Provide a follow-up summary letter of water conserving options for your board to review
- Work directly with boards, property management companies and /or residents
- Provide information on turf-to-xeriscape conversions, including recommendations of low-water-use plants, calculation of the cost benefits and potential water savings
- Help prioritize areas needing grass removal/renovation
- Assist with winter lawn over-seeding decisions and provide information on efficient watering practices for winter lawns
- Provide information on classes about landscape and water issues specific to HOA concerns
- Help with general education letters to residents or articles for newsletters
A non-residential landscape cost/share rebate also is available to organizations interested in removing turf areas. Participation in the Water Budgeting Program is required.
For more information, call (623) 930-3596.