Non-residential Cost/Share Landscape Rebate Program is for Homeowner Associations, Multi-Family Units and Businesses
Purpose: to promote a permanent reduction in the amount of grass used for landscaping purposes—to save water.
Criteria: Homeowner associations, multi-family units or businesses may apply. All of following must be met to qualify:
- The organization applying for the rebate must participate in the Water Budgeting Program.
- At least 1,000 square feet of turf must be removed. Applicant must provide proof of existing turf through an on-site inspection prior to construction.
- Removed grass area will be landscaped (bare, unplanted soil is unacceptable).
- An application must be submitted along with three estimates of the work to be completed.
The non-residential cost/share rebates are awarded once or twice a year to eligible applicants. The number of rebates awarded each year will depend upon availability of funds. Rebates would be awarded in the order that the applications are received (from the date that the complete application is received) on a first come, first served basis.
Qualified applicants are eligible for the following:
- $1,500 for completion of the Water Budgeting process and $150 per 1,000 square feet of grass converted (to non-grass landscape)
- A limit of $3,000 awarded per application
- A property is permitted only one application per year
The rebate is not retroactive and does not apply to work completed before July 1, 2005.
To obtain an application, click here. For additional information, call (623) 930-3596.