The Planning Division has four major functions that include planning administration, long range planning and research, current planning and zoning administration. Jon Froke, AICP, oversees the city’s planning services and had headed the division since 2001.
Glendale's Planning Services provides professional, quality customer service in a friendly responsive manner in order to:
- Assist the public, elected and appointed officials in planning for future land use, development, and re-development in harmony with community values.
- Facilitate community involvement in decision-making process.
- Administer adopted regulations and guidelines in a fair and impartial manner.
- Manage the annexation, zoning, subdivision, and design review process efficiently.
- Resolve to the best of our ability the inevitable issues and conflicts associated with changing land use and development.
Office Location / Parking Information
Planning is located at City Hall, 2nd Floor. Please sign in at the Development Services Counter and let staff know you are here to see someone in Planning.
Free parking is available in the parking garage located on the northeast corner of 59th Avenue & Glendale Avenue.
City of Glendale Planning
5850 West Glendale Avenue, Suite 212
Glendale, Arizona 85301-2599
Jon Froke, AICP
Historic Preservation Contact
Assistant Planning Director
Current Planning and Zoning Administration Contact
Thomas Ritz, AICP
Long Range Planning and Research Contact