City of Glendale, AZ - Click here to go to the city home page

Skip Navigation Link

Facebook Logo Twitter Logo YouTube logo Flickr Logo   Follow Your Money
Glendale, AZ
Glendale, AZ - Departments Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Services Glendale, AZ - Glendale, AZ - City Officials Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Residents Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Visitors Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Businesses Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Online Services Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Important Updates Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Home Page
Glendale, AZ

Glendale, AZ

City of Glendale logo
Quick Links
NEW! Updates
AZTAXES – How to Register ONLINE
Annual License Renewal
Business License Information
Business Occupational License
Liquor License
Special Events License
Special Regulatory License
City Codes
Municipal City Code
Privilege Tax Code sect 21.1
Residential Rental
Tax Charts
Forms & Brochures
Contact Information
Tax & License Home Page
Tax & License Division - FAQ's - Records

How long do I need to keep my sales tax records?

If you are licensed and reporting on time, you are required to keep records for at least four years.

What is a tax exemption (resale) certificate?

An exemption (resale) certificate is designed to transfer the tax liability from the seller to the purchaser when accepted in good faith. Because the State of Arizona requires that their form be used when documenting a State exemption, we recommend using their Form 5000. However, the State form lists some exemptions that are not necessarily deductible for City sales tax. Please be sure to verify any deductions for which you may have questions.

What records are required to document tax exempt sales?

All tax exempt sales to Arizona customers should be supported by a City of Glendale or State of Arizona exemption certificate completed by your customer at the time of the sale. For exempt sales to out-of-state customers records should be retained to show where the order was placed from and where the order was shipped.

Are sales to nonprofit organizations, such as churches and charitable groups, exempt?

Not in general. Churches and nonprofit organizations, other than hospitals, are taxable on their purchases unless they are licensed to remit tax on their sales and complete the exemption certificate.

Return to previous page

Return to Tax & License Home page

Glendale, AZ - Welcome
Glendale, AZ
Contact Us   |   Brochures   |   History of Glendale   |   How to Get Around Glendale   |   Links   |   Press Room   |   Policies
© 2015 City of Glendale, Arizona