City of Glendale, AZ - Click here to go to the city home page

Skip Navigation Link

        Follow Your Money   RequestForService
Glendale, AZ
Glendale, AZ - Departments Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Services Glendale, AZ - Glendale, AZ - City Officials Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Residents Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Visitors Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Businesses Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Online Services Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Important Updates Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Home Page
Glendale, AZ

Glendale, AZ
Quick Links
bullet point image Online Screening Process
bullet point image FAQs
bullet point image Basic Requirements
bullet point image Utility /Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
bullet point image Rent and Mortgage
bullet point image Utility Deposit Program
bullet point image More Neighborhood Info
bullet point image Contact Information
bullet point image First Month's Move-in Cost
bullet point image Home page
google search

Community Action Program - Contact Information

Who is eligible?

Services are available to all residents who live within the city limits of Glendale that meet specific program guidelines. Click here for the City of Glendale service area.

If you do not live in the Glendale service area, click here for a list of community action offices.

What services are available?

The Community Action Program provides utility rent and mortgage assistance as well as other social services to Glendale residents who meet the specific program guidelines. These programs are funded by the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES), Arizona Community Action Association (ACAA), and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs.

What are the income limits?

How often can I apply for services?

Depending on program funding, assistance for mortgage, rent and utilities is usually available once during a 12-month period. For information on any other service, please contact our office at 623-930-2854.

What if I am unable to leave my home due to a medical condition or being bedridden? 

Please contact our office at 623-930-2854 and request to speak to an eligibility worker who will evaluate your situation.

Can someone else come in to apply for me?

Any adult living at the same address may come in to apply for services.

Who do I need to include on my application?

All individuals living at your address must be included regardless of relationship.

Does the utility bill need to be in my name?

No, the utility bill can be under another person’s name.

What if my utilities are at threat of being disconnected?

Please keep in mind that this is not an emergency program. All residents must follow the appointment procedure. It is your responsibility to make payment arrangements with your local power company, landlord or mortgage company to prevent further problems such as utility disconnection or eviction. If you have additional questions regarding this, please contact our office at 623-930-2854.

What if I am in need of emergency food or other resources?

You may contact Hope for Hunger Food Bank at 602-773-4344, St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance at 602-242-3663 or Salvation Army at 623-934-0469 for emergency food assistance.  For other resources, please call Community Information and Referral at 211

What if I am in need of homeless assistance?

If you are HOMELESS and need assistance with First Month’s Move-in Costs, you may come in to request services.

Monday – Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Guidelines and specific program information will be provided.  The Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) program is solely for individuals/families that are physically homeless.

Please call Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS) at 602-256-6945;  A New Leaf at 480-733-3042; Community Information and Referral at 211 or visit for other resources.



Glendale, AZ - Welcome
Glendale, AZ
Contact Us   |   Brochures   |   History of Glendale   |   How to Get Around Glendale   |   Links   |   Press Room   |   Policies
© 2015 City of Glendale, Arizona