City of Glendale, AZ - Click here to go to the city home page

Skip Navigation Link

        Follow Your Money   RequestForService
Glendale, AZ
Glendale, AZ - Departments Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Services Glendale, AZ - Glendale, AZ - City Officials Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Residents Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Visitors Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Businesses Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Online Services Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Important Updates Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Home Page
Glendale, AZ

Glendale, AZ

City of Glendale logo
Quick Links
AZTAXES – How to Register ONLINE
Annual License Renewal
  Business License
  Liquor License
  Special Events Lic.
  Special Regulatory
  New Business List
Fee Schedule
Tax Rates
Business Codes
Residential Rental
Tax Audit
Forms & Brochures
Revenue Recovery
Contact Information
Tax & License Home Page
google search

Glendale, AZ - Tax & License Division - Business License Information


Special Events

General Overview

Persons wishing to conduct business within the City where spirituous beverages are sold at a "special event" for take-out or for consumption on the premises shall first make application to the Tax and License Division for a Special Event Liquor License. No person shall engage or continue in business until he has the proper licenses.

  • For a list of upcoming events, applications, timelines and more, please view our vendor center page - click here.
  • To view the code in Glendale's municipal code, visit the Municode website here and search for "Special Events" to review the definitions.

Documentation Requirements:
According to the Legal Arizona Workers Act (A.R.S. 41-1080), a license eligibility form is required to issue a license if your business ownership type is identified as an Individual, Sole Proprietorship, or Husband and Wife business. Before your license can be approved, you must provide a copy of a document indicating your presence in the United States is authorized under federal law (if applying as Husband and Wife, both individuals must provide documentation). After you have completed the form, return it along with the applicable business license application for your type of business.

Obtaining a Liquor Permit for a Special Event:
For all special events with the desire to sell or serve alcohol, a permit is required by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control.

If you plan to sell or serve alcohol beverages at your event, a state issued Temporary Special Event Liquor License is be required. For more information, click here or contact the City of Glendale Tax & License Division at 623-930-3190.

Liquor License application to the City of Glendale, Tax and License Division, a minimum of 30 days prior to the event and include a nonrefundable application fee of $25 per day of event.

In all of the liquor license options listed above, various City departments will review the application. Upon approval from the various departments, the City Council will review the event and make a recommendation of approval or denial. Upon approval by the City Council, the application must be taken to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for their approval and a State approval returned to the City prior to the event date, so the City can issue the liquor license.

Timeline for Internal Processing:
For more information on the time frames of an application submitted to the City for obtaining a license (permit), click here.

For additional information, please contact Tax & License at 623-930-3190.

Glendale, AZ - Welcome
Glendale, AZ
Contact Us   |   Brochures   |   History of Glendale   |   How to Get Around Glendale   |   Links   |   Press Room   |   Policies
© 2015 City of Glendale, Arizona